The 52nd edition of the Lake George Winter Carnival is off to a great start! This past weekend saw a record field for the outhouse races. See some photos here. Coming up this weekend – Saturday, Feb. 9th and Sunday, Feb. 10th, is the Lake George Winter Carnival “Carnival Cup” SnoCross Event – each day at 10:30AM at the Westbrook Rd. Park (the old Gaslight Village Property.) This is exciting snowmobile racing – just like the X-Games! Here is the schedule for this weekend…
- Sat & Sun 10:30AM :: North East Snow X Series “Carnival Cup” Race :: Registration at Duffy’s Tavern 9 AM. For information-Frank Carpinello :: (518) 330-3648
- Sat (All Day) :: Flag Football Competition :: Sponsored by Big Uglies and Chase Sports Complex
- Sat 12:00 :: BBQ Cook Off :: Shepards Park Beach
- Sat 4:00PM :: Bon Fire on the Beach :: Shepards Beach -Toast marshmallows and watch the fireworks.
- Sat 6:30PM :: Fireworks :: Over the Lake
- Sun 1:00PM :: Tavern Competition :: Shepard’s Park Beach, Sponsored by Mario’s Restaurant
- *Sat & Sun :: Ice Diving Demonstration :: All day on the ice Sponsored by Morin’s Professional Scuba Center
In addition there are helicopter rides, a giant snowslide, snowmobile rides and more!