May 25th, 2020
In response to COVID-19, we have adopted additional policies and procedures to enhance the safety of our staff and guests. Below are some of these policies and procedures.
We have conducted extensive staff training on preventing the spread of COVID-19 including training on daily staff screenings, social distancing, sanitization standards, hand washing and face covering.
We implemented a text message system to enable us to communicate with guests. This will allow guests to communicate with us before, during and after their stay. Guests can simply send us a text message from their personal device instead of coming to the office or picking up a room phone. It will also facilitate curbside check-in, check-out, take-out food ordering and any requests guests may have throughout their stay.
Curbside Check-in Available
Guests who would like to check-in without physically entering the office can ask for curbside check-in. Please call or text the office just before or upon arrival. We will coordinate payment and meet you at your car to provide room key cards. We will provide full services without guests having to enter the office.
Reducing Items That Are Touched By Multiple People
We are removing many items touched by multiple people and providing these items in digital form. We are removing in-room paper products that cannot be sanitized such as pads of paper, pens, tip envelopes and resort guides.
Public Areas/limited Capacity
Consistent with New York State Guidelines, most amenities on property are open with some restrictions and social distancing. Once open for the season, the restaurant and bar will be offering daily outside dining for food and beverages for breakfast, lunch and dinner. To-go and room service is also available. Menus are available at the bar and at our front desk.
- Ice Machines – we have replaced scoop ice machines with push dispenser machines. Ice machines will be sanitized at least twice a day.
- Vending Machines –Vending machines will be disinfected at least twice daily.
- Public doors that can be propped open will remain open as often as possible. Public door knobs and handles will be disinfected at least twice through the day.
- Public area table surfaces and chair handles will be disinfected at least twice a day and upon request.
- All stair rails will be disinfected at least twice through the day.
- Kayak, raft and paddle board paddles and life jackets will be disinfected after every use. Grip areas on kayaks, paddle boards and rafts will be disinfected after every use.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at numerous locations throughout the property and guests are encouraged to use them frequently
In order to limit exposure and possible contamination, we will not perform general daily housekeeping services for stay-overs.
We will have a daily trash and towel exchange service. Each trash can has extra trash bags for use. Each room also has trash bags for bagging towels for exchange. If you would like fresh towels please bring the soiled towels in the green bag to the exchange.
- Wash sheets and all linens including comforters.
- All surfaces and objects inside the room that can be touched by guests will be cleaned and then disinfected with the appropriate disinfectant including door knobs, cabinet handles, light switches, lamp switches, microwave and refrigerator handles, remote controls, irons and ironing board, air conditioner knobs, shower knobs, towel bars, sink faucet handles, toilet handles, hair dryers, desk tops, counter tops, cabinet tops and chairs.
- Bistro table and chairs outside the rooms will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Telephones and alarm clocks have been removed from the room and are available upon request.
- Guest statements can be emailed upon request after check-out.